Thursday, November 3, 2011

Latest Project: A Hacienda Inspired Whimsical Kitchen

As a designer I have designed projects both big and small, and over the years I have found both extremely enjoyable for different reasons.  One of my favorite aspects of working on a single room project is the transformation you can often make by using a single material.  In the case of the whimsical hacienda style kitchen, my material of choice was paint.  

Thats right!  A complete face-lift on this kitchen using only paint.  No contractors, just paint!!!!

Like my Moroccan sitting room I designed several years ago for the St. Matthew's Dickens House in Hillsborough, this kitchen is an example of designing with a theme in mind.

And I just loved designing with the hacienda theme the client chose because all items we used were the client's treasures from his travels with his family.  Check out the before and after photos:

BEFORE

AFTER



Paint and glazing -- using a reclaimed board as the shelf over the window with a tequila bottle collection displayed.  Cactus' displayed in the window.  



Peruvian pottery displayed throughout the space.





A complete kitchen facelift-- in a matter of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin